I wasn't going to do this, but since everyone else seems to be playing nicely, here are 6 things about me most of you probably didn't know. Laurent Lasalle - no! Sylvain Grand'Maison tagged me first, so here goes:
1. I was coach (because I didn't know how to play) of the Jolley Green Giants CNR baseball team in 1967; we never won a single game all season, and the other really serious fastball teams dreaded having to play against us. We did make very good use of the cheap beer in the old CNR clubhouse in Lachine after the games though. And sometimes before.
2. I was hanging out in New York City in 1957 around the time Kerouac's On The Road was first published. Not surprisingly, he and his pals weren't visiting the Empire State Bldg., Radio City Music Hall, the Ed Sullivan Theatre, etc. where we were, so I never met him. 44 years later I stood outside the apartment where he wrote OTR, but he was long gone.
3. The first time I saw a black man in person was at the Valleyfield Arena in the early 50s; I shouted out 'Mom! Look at the chocolate man!' (I don't do that now)
4. One of the nicknames given to me in high school was 'Boiler'. I never really knew why, but it lasted a coupe of years. It wasn't a favourite of mine.
5. Until the age of about 20, I lived on peanut butter or grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I didn't eat chicken, steak, roast beef or any other adult food. It created some very real problems, and I'm very glad I got over whatever it was that caused this abnormality.
6. Once when I was a little kid I went to Sunday school in the church basement at the wrong time, alone, and all the table and chairs were covered in white sheets and it scared the hell out of me and I ran home crying. I don't think I ever fully recovered from that, and never did join the church.
Here are my tag-victims: MMD (aka Damien), Connie Crosby, Arthur Masters, Ted Reicken, Ajay (Sean Joyner), Cat (as in Mrs. Bob).
Random rules (hat tip to):
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.