Monday, June 21, 2010

DicksnJanes Podcast #252: decisionmaking


Photo: Adam Gratrix

The Scarborough Dude talks about decision making, free will, and #PAB2010

Music:
Spare Parts I (A Nocturnal Emission) - Tom Waits - Nighthawks At The Diner
Whistlin'past The Graveyard - Tom Waits - Blue Valentine
Red Shoes By The Drugstore - Tom Waits - Blue Valentine

Here's the link to Mike Vardy's entertaining podcast, Eventualism
I was gonna put it in earlier but things came up- you know how life is.../

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey. where's that link you said you'd put it in - the guy who interviewed Seth Godin? come on!

okay. back to listening.

very much enjoying the show so far, as always.

tim

some chick who spoke at pab said...

it wasn't on the boat that i gave you that advice. ;) or did you mean someone else at pab? niiiice.

Scarborough Dude said...

Shucks - there were several chicks who spoke at PAB - but I only know of one who says she listens to my podcast and she's the kind of person who likes dishing out advice so...

But someone else on the boat, a man whose name escapes me, suggested I put an intro clip up front which I did, and may never do again- or may every time... stay tuned eh...

Keith McNally said...

I think you might be giving cousin Zeke a little too much credit. That predetermism silliness has been slung around by pseudo-intellectuals for a long time, and it's a total load of hooey. Hell, I'm 30 years old. I should know.

-McNally

Anthony Marco said...

Dude,

Tom Waits is awesome.

His 70s stuff parallels the elements of a stream-of-consciousness podcast very well.

Blue Valentines was the first CD by him that I bought... and then it blew up from there.

Love it!