Saturday, December 01, 2012

DicksnJanes Podcast #376: OverTheTop

The Scarborough Dude decides not to use some over the top audio, but Prick gets control just in time for Canadian National Day of Podcasting.

Music (mostly background):
Abram - Jose González - In Our Nature
Across the Universe - The Beatles - Anthology 2
Ace of Hearts - Chris Rea - New Light Through Old Windows
Absolutely Sweet Marie - Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde
Ain't Never Been Cool - Lucky Soul - The Playlist 2007
Alabam - Cowboy Copas - Country Meets Rockabilly
Home Among the Gumtree - Ivor Davies  - Essential Aussie Songs
Ain't That Pretty At All - Pixies - Enjoy Every Sandwich
Ain't Life Sweet - Penny Lang - Here And Now
Ain't No Cure For Love - Leonard Cohen  - I’m You Man

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought my player was busted. I started in to listen to this episode and I heard ME talking!

Thank you Dude for being an inspiration - if it wasn't for your style of podcasting - I wouldn't have been inspired to start http://ItsAGreenHat.com

It just feels good to put out an episode and continue growing the collection of my own family stories.

Thank you - it wouldn't have started without your kick in the ass.

Midnight Philosopher said...

Dude, love your show, but ease up on the background music, PLEASE! I know, I know, you and Anthony Marco don't give a shit if I people listen to you or not. But I gotta speak, man!

Scarborough Dude said...

I hear you John, and contrary to what I say while ranting, I do care about the listening experience. This episode in particular had 4 or 5 times the usual amount of music because I wanted to emulate the experience I was having while recording in Bluffers Park; headphones on, music blaring, me shouting. I did purposely lower the music volume level and shift it more towards the left channel so that when listening with headphones it wouldn't be quite as distracting, but I also wanted to make the point that the music was more important than my stoned raving. That said, I promise to be more considerate in future.

Anthony Marco said...

I'm going to start a head shop called Stoned Raving and put a picture of you in the window.